Scott Brown is dancing around the issue of funding for Planned Parenthood. While he has stated that he supports “family planning and health services for women,” he has yet to specifically address the Pence Amendment. This amendment would zero-out taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood, while leaving other “family planning” funds untouched.
Planned Parenthood is the single biggest recipient of Title X family planning funds, with over $300 million of our tax dollars annually padding Planned Parenthood’s bottom line. The current short-term Continuing Resolution (CR) is set to expire next week on April 8, when Congress will have to pass another CR or move forward with a government shutdown.
Planned Parenthood has repeatedly been exposed for its abhorrent practices that are anything but beneficial to women, and border on criminal. Here are just some of Planned Parenthood’s offenses in the recent years:
- Just this year, undercover video in New York, New Jersey and Virginia have all shown Planned Parenthood employees aiding and abetting the sexual exploitation of minors and young girls.
- The Alabama Attorney General opened an investigation that found nine out of nine girls, ages 13 to 15, received abortions from a Birmingham Planned Parenthood clinic without proper verification of parental consent.
- In Indiana, an undercover camera team showed Planned Parenthood staff deliberately violating the state’s mandatory reporting laws for sexual abuse. The girl posed as a 13-year-old impregnated by a 31-year-old man. Staff also urged her to cross state lines to get an abortion.
- Planned Parenthood staff in Tennessee urged a 14-year-old girl to lie to a judge in order to circumvent the parental consent law and receive an abortion.
- In Arizona, a Planned Parenthood nurse caught on camera disregards the age difference and goes as far as cautioning the underage girl not to bring her adult “boyfriend” before the judicial hearing required in Arizona to waive parental consent.
As you can see, Planned Parenthood is in the abortion business, not the business of protecting young girls from statutory rape and sex trafficking. With a record like this, the decision to stop taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood is 100% in line with Senator Brown’s campaign promise to not support federal funding of abortion. However, Sen. Brown has been reluctant to express his support for the stripping of federal funds from Planned Parenthood. With praises coming from pro-abortion groups like NARAL, Brown appears to be waffling on this key issue.
Please take 5 minutes to call Senator Brown RIGHT NOW:
- Ask him to oppose taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood. Remind him that he promised to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion during his campaign for U.S. Senate.
- Point out the growing number of scandals involving Planned Parenthood.
- Tell him that defunding Planned Parenthood via the Pence Amendment does not eliminate all Title X family planning funding.
Sen. Brown needs to feel our heat, as the pro-abortion crowd has fired up its base in the hopes of having Brown renege on his campaign promise. Please call Senator Brown at his Massachusetts and DC offices: