In the coming days, the Infanticide Act will be sent to Governor Baker as part of the 2021 state budget. He can use his line item veto to block this extreme abortion expansion, but he will need the support of an additional 4 or 5 state representatives to uphold the veto. I am grateful for so many of you who have taken time over the past several weeks to educate and encourage the Governor and your state representatives to stop the Infanticide Act. Please keep it up! But in Massachusetts, where the pro-abortion forces are so strong, our greatest strategic advantage is prayer. The battle for life is at the gates of our state and so I ask you to join me in fasting and prayer this weekend.
Saturday, a number of pro-life groups will be praying at the gates of the
statehouse itself, and will place red roses on the steps of our commonwealth’s
capital as a powerful, visual memorial to the unborn. (Over 18,000 babies
a year are murdered through abortion in MA.) From 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. this
Saturday, we will be praying in front of the statehouse in Boston for the
babies that have been killed by abortion and for the defeat of the pending
infanticide legislation. For more information on this event, click here. If you can’t be there in person, please join us
in prayer from wherever you are. (The transcendent communion of the
saints through prayer was the original zoom meeting!)
Also, consider holding a time of corporate prayer and fasting for the life of the unborn in Massachusetts at your church this Sunday. In light of the abject evil that our state government is on the precipice of ratifying, I am reminded of John Winthrop’s warning to future generations. On the edge of the Boston Common sits the Founders Memorial. Inscribed on its face is the following quote by Winthrop:
“For we must consider that we shall be as a city upon a hill. The eyes of all people are upon us, so that if we shall deal falsely with our God in this work…we shall be made a story and a byword through the world.”
Massachusetts has, tragically, often led the way in dealing falsely with our God. Let us instead seek God’s forgiveness and mercy.
Here are specific prayer points you can pray through:
- Ask God for forgiveness and for mercy for Massachusetts:
- for the sin of abortion in this state: for the hundreds of thousands of unborn babies aborted in Massachusetts over the last half century.
- for the Church having failed to effectively defend the cause of the fatherless by protecting the lives of the unborn in our state.
- to turn the heart of Governor Baker and 5 Representatives to protect the life of the unborn by defeating the Infanticide Act.
- Pray as Daniel prayed in Daniel 9:
- Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your Church in Massachusetts. “We do not make requests of You because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For Your sake, O my God, do not delay, because Your city and Your people bear Your Name.” Daniel 9: 18,19