This November, Massachusetts voters must be vigilant in stopping the effort to legalize recreational marijuana in the Bay State. Not only does Question 4 endanger Massachusetts families and children, but it deliberately strips control from communities and homeowners.
Here are a few points our friends at Safe and Healthy MA have shared about this dangerous ballot question:
- Question 4 states that marijuana stores do not need to obtain local officials’ support in order to set up shop in a community.
- It bars communities from restricting “home grows” which means anyone can set up a mini pot farm in their home or backyard, even if it’s next to a school or homeowners around them object.
- It forces a community-wide referendum to “opt-out” of allowing the marijuana industry into their communities.
- It sets no limit on the number of stores that can sell marijuana statewide or number of operations to grow or manufacture marijuana.
- It specifically authorizes marijuana edibles (products like candy bars, gummies, “cannabis cola,” etc.), oils and concentrates.
- It includes a legal loophole for the marijuana industry to challenge and potentially invalidate any state or local rule deemed “unreasonably impracticable.”
MFI is standing with Safe and Healthy MA in opposition to Question 4, and we encourage you to vote “NO” this election.Share This: