As you know, the ROE (Infanticide) Act expanding abortion here in the Commonwealth was passed just after Christmas. Although, we were not able to defeat this horrific bill, we did keep it from being as bad as Planned Parenthood and their allies wanted. Read the summary of the difference we made from my latest blog post.
In our fight against the ROE Act we not only made a meaningful impact on the final version of the bill, but we also grew the movement of pro-life advocates across our state. That’s a very good thing! Many of you contacted your legislators to oppose the aggressive agenda of the abortion industry. Church engagement on the issue also increased.
We must continue to build momentum in our efforts to protect life in 2021 and beyond. As a matter of fact, there are two important opportunities to do so coming up this month.
Sunday, January 17th is set aside to celebrate the Sanctity of Human Life and stand in opposition to the culture of death promoted by the abortion industry. On this day in churches all over the nation pastors will speak the truth in love about abortion. For some women this can help them choose life for their unborn baby. And for those women who have been harmed by abortion they can find love, healing, and forgiveness. I encourage churches to recognize this special day.
Taking place every year since 1974 following the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion, thousands gather in Washington D.C. for the National March for Life. This powerful and peaceful demonstration will take place on Friday, January 29th. The event always includes a great line-up of inspiring speakers and musicians. Cape Cod Bus for Life 2021 will be traveling to Washington, D.C. for the march. Click here for more information and to register. Join the chorus of pro-life voices on the National Mall this year and give joyful witness to the beauty and dignity of every human life.
For those unable to travel to the capital, MA citizens will be uniting with the National March for Life in our own cities and towns. To find a list of events and to register, visit the Massachusetts Citizens for Life website.
Please take advantage of these helpful resources to share the pro-life message with your church, family, and friends:
- Save the Storks, an organization committed to changing the dialog around the abortion issue to one of love, compassion, and action
- Many helpful articles and exciting initiatives featured on the Focus on the Family website including, Five Fears That Keep Pastors From Preaching About Abortion
- Sing a Little Louder, a 12-minute short film that contains a stunning message for the twenty-first century and the current genocide taking place with unborn children in America
- A bulletin insert to promote Sanctity of Human Life Sunday
- A list of pregnancy care centers and services in MA for women facing an unplanned pregnancy, sheltering homes, counseling, 24-hour hotlines, abortion reversal pill hotline, and help for those seeking to leave the abortion industry
Proverbs 31:8 instructs us, “Open your mouth for the speechless, in the cause of all who are appointed to die.” Let us come together to be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Please consider making a contribution to help us continue the fight to protect life.