This summer, MFI partnered with Renew Massachusetts Coalition, Massachusetts Citizens for Life, and the MA Alliance to Stop Taxpayer Funded Abortion to successfully launch a ballot initiative to stop our tax dollars from going to abortion in the Commonwealth. The Massachusetts Attorney General’s office approved the proposed ballot language two weeks ago.
Now, however, the real battle begins. To have the proposed amendment appear on the 2020 ballot, we must gather 80,239 signatures and submit them to local election officials by November 20, 2019. While that’s a big ask, it is doable when we all combine our efforts and take concerted action to protect the lives of the unborn.
Many of our supporters often ask for ways they can contribute to the cause. By signing the petition, you will have a direct effect on the battle for life in Massachusetts. Please, add your name to the petition by November 19. For this effort, however, petitions must be signed the old-fashioned way – on paper, not online.
Here are some ways you can sign the petition and opportunities to help stop taxpayer funded abortion in Massachusetts:
- Contact Robert Aufiero at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about signing the petition.
- Sign up to volunteer.
- Email Tom Harvey, Chariman of MA Alliance to Stop Taxpayer Funded Abortion, for participation details at email@example.com.
- Attend an upcoming training to learn how to properly collect signatures:
- Wednesday, September 18th, 6:30 PM at St. Agnes Church – 51 Medford St., Arlington
- Wednesday, September 24th, 6:30 PM at the Quincy Elks Lodge – 254 Quarry St., Quincy
One important thing to remember is to sign the petition for the town or city in which you reside. You’ll see city names printed on the bottom of each version.
For more information on the process of changing the Massachusetts constitution, read Friday’s piece published in The Pilot.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time and taking a stance to protect life!
For our families,