President Reagan dedicated the 3rd Sunday in January to remember God’s gift of life and our duty to protect it against a culture of death, enshrined into our nation’s laws in the Roe v. Wade decision in January of 1973. Will you help us raise awareness and support life on Sanctity of Life Sunday, January 15?
Here are a few helpful resources you can use as you observe Sanctity of Life Sunday:
- Materials for Your Church (Life Matters Worldwide)
- Scriptures Advocating for the Pre-born (Focus on the Family)
- 21 Days of Prayer for Life (Colson Center)
- Church Tool Kit (Human Coalition)
- Dignity of Human Life Video (Focus on the Family)
In addition to observing Sanctity of Life Sunday, we encourage you to be a voice for life every day. Below are ways you can be an advocate for the unborn:
- Encourage your church to offer the Engage the Bay State curriculum (or even be the one to teach it!) which addresses the issue of abortion from a Biblical perspective. You can read the chapter on abortion relevant to Massachusetts from the Engage book or watch a preview to the video series for this chapter. This will bring you up to speed on the current status of abortion in our state. Our goal is that 100 churches in the Commonwealth will start a class based on this entire book which covers several more topics including same-sex “marriage”, sex-ed in public school, assisted suicide, transgenderism and religious liberty.
- Join other pro-life advocates at the annual March for Life in D.C.! There are several buses that have been rented all over Massachusetts to make it more accessible for you to get down there for the event. You can read one of our staff member’s testimony about her experience at the 2015 March for Life here.
Churches are free to communicate about this important topic without fear of facing legal or tax penalties. Click here for more information about how pastors and their churches can freely engage in this issue. You can also contact our national legal partners at Alliance Defending Freedom at (800) 835-5233.