Great news for religious liberty today! The Department of Justice released a 25-page memo for all executive departments and agencies outlining federal protections for religious liberty. In it, Attorney General Jeff Sessions made the following powerful statement:
“The free exercise of religion ‘is in its nature an unalienable right’ because the duty owed to one’s Creator ‘is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.’ Religious liberty is not merely a right to personal religious beliefs or even to worship in a sacred place. It also encompasses religious observance and practice. Except in the narrowest circumstances, no one should be forced to choose between living out his or her faith and complying with the law.”
In addition, this morning, President Trump announced that his administration is keeping his promise to protect the religious freedom of employers who have a faith-based objection to providing contraceptives, including abortifacient drugs.
We’ll be digesting these much-anticipated developments over the weekend, but in the interim, you can help us fight for the lives of the unborn right here in the Commonwealth. Every year, there are over 20,000 abortions in Massachusetts. Due to a 1981 state supreme court decision, our tax dollars are used to pay for many of these abortions, essentially serving as corporate welfare for an industry that makes its fortune snuffing out the lives of unborn children. For example, the CEO of Planned Parenthood of MA makes over $250,000 a year, the top six Planned Parenthood executives each make over $125,000 annually, and the organization has over $20 million in assets. Fortunately, local pro-life activists are working to chip away at this abortion slush fund by amending our state constitution. The petitions for the amendment to Stop Taxpayer Funding of Abortion are in, and we’ve been collecting signatures in earnest to make this pro-life effort a success.
It’s time to start a conversation about where our tax dollars are going!
We’re looking for volunteers and runners to sign up immediately to gather signatures and bring petitions to people throughout the state.
We’re calling on all pro-life conservatives who can help to take three actions:
- Sign up HERE to gather signatures—we’ll have shifts to fill at super markets and other locations where voters can sign. We need your help, so if you haven’t signed up, please do so today.
- If you attend church, ask your pastor ASAP if we can conduct a drive at your church. Our friends at Renew MA Coalition recently mailed information packets and signature papers to over 800 churches, and we need your help to follow up! Please notify us immediately if your church can conduct a drive, so we can get you more papers and coordinate with local volunteers to provide assistance.
- Active on social media? Please like the petition’s page on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/StopTaxpayerFundedAbortion/, and take a few minutes to invite your friends to like the page as well.
The quickest way to get papers? Reply to this email, or for a quicker response, contact your field director directly at:
- John Milligan (Plymouth, Bristol, Barnstable counties):
- Robert Aufiero (Essex county, north and eastern parts of Middlesex county)
- Steve Fruzzetti (Greater Boston, Metro West, Norfolk county):
- Andrew Surprise (Worcester County, Western MA):
Finally, our regional directors will have their hands full getting papers out to all corners of Massachusetts. If you’re willing to drop off petitions to signature gatherers in your town or a neighboring town, please email them or reply to this email to offer your assistance today.
For our families,