Mission and Overview
Recognizing that healthy families are indispensable to the preservation of a strong and free society, the Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI) is dedicated to strengthening the family and affirming the Judeo-Christian values upon which it is based. Established in 1991, MFI is a non-partisan public policy organization dedicated to strengthening families in Massachusetts. MFI engages in research and education on a wide range of public policy issues to strengthen the well-being, health and safety of families – its individual members and the collective unit.
While many of the issues in which MFI engages are complex, we believe that the best solutions are found through a system of valuing the life and well being of every child, woman and man. To that end, we seek to reduce barriers that threaten family stability and to create a political and social environment where families can thrive and prosper.
MFI has been a proactive, public voice on a number of issues including:
- Strengthening, protecting, and preserving marriage between a man and a woman
- Preserving life from conception to natural death
- Promoting sexual intimacy in natural marriage and abstinence outside of marriage
- Educating children and adults on the spread of dangerous sexually transmitted diseases and the benefits of sexual abstinence
- Educating families and children about the dangers of unsafe Internet use
- Preventing sexual abuse of children
- Enforcing statutory rape laws
- Promoting parents’ rights regarding the education and welfare of their children
- Opposing expanded gambling and its destructive social costs on families
- Opposing the promotion and legalization of recreational drugs
- Providing resources to help parents meet the financial and emotional needs of their families
MFI is an independent, not-for-profit organization and supported through the generosity of our contributors.